A Service of The Hummer Network
The Original Hummer Owners' Web Sites, Since 1996

If you have benefited from the Marketplace, do the right thing. Please Donate

DO NOT DO ANY BIZ with HAROLD WISDOM, so called EAGLE INDUST

If you consider an ad to be spam, a scam or fraud, or you know there's a crook about, please report it here. Opinions expressed here are those of the author(s) only. The Hummer Network is not responsible for anything posted here.

DO NOT DO ANY BIZ with HAROLD WISDOM, so called EAGLE INDUST

Postby HC-27 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:05 am

Them man has not honorably represented the vehicle as described.
For a person who has wanted a Humvee for a long time, a add on ebay saying Humvee has been rebuild from a ground up, would be pretty appealing.
This add included list of NEW parts that was put on the truck, and trough many emails and a few phone calls this "man" had assured me over and over again that this truck is in perfect running condition and everything works!!!

With many, many delays and $2500 later in deposit:
This truck shows up at my house, All I can say is ..... What a disappointment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not only this truck had any new parts on it, the Generator was not working, leaks all over, tires were filled with nails or metal stuck in them ( if you did not know any better, you could think that those were winter tires filed with studs)
The body looked like he toke some of that Alabama dirt splattered all over the hole or cracks and sprayed some paint over it.
So called NEW engine had awful very low knock in it, as if the pistons about to be dropped.
Aver all truck came in in very filthy, filthy condition. ( as if you would let it sit in the fields of Alabama for a good 10 years)
Oh, and did I mention the ANTS!!!!!!
This so called thing that was rebuild from the ground up (what a joke) was INFESTED!!!!!!! With ANTS.
Anywhere you looked there were highways of ANTs doing they're thing.

I did pay the delivery guy his money, I figured he had nothing to do with this, ( but now I am not so sure)

Any ways, Harold won't return any of my phone calls or email, in regard to my deposit.
So if I were you I would not do ANY biz with this guy so so called Eagle Industries from FLorence AL.!!!!!!
Happy to say that my family has a very good Corporate Attorney, that handles biz for our company, that is going to take care of this.
Don't believe this guy, don't send ANy money !!

On a side note, I did look at 2 other Humvees in this hole nightmare: here the list of Misrepresented vehicles.
1: it is located in Missouri, being sold from a Haunday Dillership, sales person name is Mike.
This this is a pile of BS. None of the Gages work, hole thing is being held together by SILICONe !!!! No joke
Transfer case is not working properly ( got stock on some parking lot during test drive, could not get it back in gear) and over all very poor condition. Everything grinds and shakes when you making a simple turn.
This truck does not worth more that say 10k. ( looked pretty good in pics tho)

2: now this guy had a bright idea to list the truck with pics from 10 years ago!!!!
His name is Billy ( funny but he is for Missouri too, moved to St Charles, Ill
It is a black with tan soft top, x-doors,
Truck does not look any thing like the pics, all the seats are ripped, once again the transfer case no workin( you can't even shift it) leaks, very poor paint job
I would say it worth is about the same as the other pile,..... 10 k no more!!!
Please learn from my lesson, don't send any money to anyone, with out lookin at it first!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry to say, but after all of this misrepresentation, I am done trying to find a truck for myself.
Simply because I can stand to deal with any more of the people that say and reassure you of something that is not true!!!
Last edited by HC-27 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HC-27

Re: DON'T DO any BIZ with Harold Wisdom from AL

Postby SgtBennett on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:18 pm

Unfortunately the term 'buyer beware' rings true, even in the MV world. I bought my M998 from a gentleman down in NC and repeatedly asked him questions about what it needed in order to pass a safety inspection ie. wipers, brakes, horn, lights, etc, all of the safety related things. He assured me time and time again that everything worked fine except for a couple of minor things. Since i live in Canada and couldn't just scoot on down to NC to check over the vehicle i pretty much had to take him for his word. When i finally got the vehicle home i discovered that 1st gear was shot, the turn signal arm was missing, every fluid in the truck was well overdue for replacement, the wiper motor was shot, as were the wipers themselves and the washer pump motor, none of the gauges worked except for the speedo, the horn was missing, the heater controls were seized, most of the coolant hoses were swollen and close to rupturing, the belts were cracking and ready to go, and several of the lights all around the vehicle we not functioning. I kept the truck and fixed all of the issues at the cost of several grand more than i expected to fork out, but it just goes to show how people can choose to be deceptive or remain tight lipped in order to get a sale...
SgtBennett

Re: DONT DO ANy biz with Harold Wisdom from AL

Postby WGTactical on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:46 pm

Yeah it's a good idea to ask for references on any major purchase and even that doesn't necessarily mean you'll not get taken. Thanks to all the rip-offs out there, I understand folks not wanting to trust and I agree 100% with that. The reason I post pictures of my projects is to give folks an opportunity to see that I don't deal in junk, so if you're buying something from me you need not worry that I'm needing money bad enough to rip you off. I've torched what many people consider good parts, but not what I'd consider good parts. There's even a youtube video we made where we drove a nice Dodge to the side of our lake and blew the thing to pieces :lol:

Anyway, sorry you got tangled up with a junk dealer...nobody needs that :|
WGTactical

Re: DON'T DO any BIZ with Harold Wisdom from AL

Postby MR6X6 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:35 am

DANG SARGE, I HATE TO HEAR YOUR HUMVEE PURCHASE WENT BAD. NEXT TIME YOUR IN THE MARKET, LET ME KNOW, 700 UNITS AND COUNTING..
MR6X6

Re: DONT DO ANy biz with Harold Wisdom from AL

Postby jwalkley on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:49 pm

Wow, sorry hear!

And thanks for giving everyone else the heads up.

This should go over in the main H1/HMMWV forum also.
jwalkley

Re: DON'T DO any BIZ with Harold Wisdom from Al

Postby ohaniazx on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:54 pm

If I were you I would take Harold to court. Go to the court and get a case going against him. Pay the Sheriff to serve him the papers (THEY will find him, today nobody is going anywhere they can't find);
Ensure you do it in your state as to force him to show up; IF he doesn't the summary judgement would be against him. Ensure you have all correspondences that you have had, including phone calls from phone records, have a witness (wife, friend that was there), pictures of the truck as it arrived and also a report from an independent mechanic (pay him $50 to do the inspection and write a report); Be ready to go to court and fight this and if you make a good case you may win the case.
You need to figure out what the case is first, FRAUD ? Do you want part of your payment back to correct things or return the car all together including shipping charges? Decide on that based on what you feel would be the best odds of winning based on paperwork you have.

I have found that recently (last 15 years) the number of people that are honest has dropped significantly;

Z
ohaniazx

Re: DON'T DO any BIZ with Harold Wisdom from Al

Postby nothappywu on Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:39 pm

ok ohaniazx, if you had paid attention , the guy stated he did NOT buy the truck. Which would mean that any court case would go against him as he breached the contract, refused to go forward with buying it. He also stated that two other places were also trying to charge him more then what he thought the trucks were worth. Which all three claims he makes seem to be carbon copies. That raises red flags to me. I mean yeah, having one case I could understand, two cases almost the same complaint starts to smell funny and the third case with again same complaints as 1 and 2 is telling me something is wrong and with his stating it is 3 different people, I am pretty sure they all didn't get into a pow wow and decide they would make the same mistakes just to screw this guy over. When you put a deposit down, that shows you were willing to buy the item. Am betting he made demands on the guys and wanted the changes done without charge but then changed his mind all together. Buyer's remorse is one thing but trying to defame a person and a company just cause you don't get your way is a shame. He says he has a lawyer, that is great maybe that lawyer will be able to explain about breach of contract, defamation of character and how it can cost you in the end.
Also ohaniazx, since he refused the truck, how would he be able to get a mechanic to inspect empty space?? You also advise to file suit in his state in hopes the guy won't show up. What happens when they do show up and can prove that what this person has posted isn't the truth and then he gets countersued which I am sure his lawyer can explain that would mean he has to pay lawyer fees too. About return of shipping charges, watch any as seen on tv ad, look for what they say about return for refund.. It will show LESS SHIPPING AND HANDLING. From what is posted I would say that the one who would win any lawsuit would be Harold Wisdom and posting what this person has against Harold can be used against the poster and you can bet it will be brought into the case.
I hope people would stop and think about the temper tantrums they have and what damage it is causing! In closing, HC-27 I think you not going out looking for more hummers would be the best thing for you.
nothappywu

Re: DO NOT DO ANY BIZ with HAROLD WISDOM, so called EAGLE INDUST

Postby HC-27 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Lol,
First I am pretty sure I know who you are, " nothappywu".
Second, until you see for yourself the trucks I have look at, you can't tell anybody that something is funny about what I am saying..
Third, if he wants to drag that POS ant hill to court ANYWHERE, I would be happy, couse No one in there right mind would award him a damn thing.
Fourth, you said you don't want to be brought in to this, so stay out. After all you and your you know who told me " if I was you I'd send back too" and "I can believe he did that" I can keep going, but ill save that for the court..
HC-27

Postby nothappywu on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:13 am

HC-27 wrote:Lol,
First I am pretty sure I know who you are, " nothappywu".
Second, until you see for yourself the trucks I have look at, you can't tell anybody that something is funny about what I am saying..
Third, if he wants to drag that POS ant hill to court ANYWHERE, I would be happy, couse No one in there right mind would award him a damn thing.
Fourth, you said you don't want to be brought in to this, so stay out. After all you and your you know who told me " if I was you I'd send back too" and "I can believe he did that" I can keep going, but ill save that for the court..

This is rather funny since I have no clue what you are speaking about as far as you thinking you are pretty sure you know me and the part of saying I said anything to you about being brought in to this. As I do NOT know you, nor have I ever said one word to you. So whatever you are saying is showing more BS talk. I was going by EXACTLY what YOU POSTED so I answered to that and that ONLY. I do happen to KNOW and UNDERSTAND the LAW and how they decide based on what is BROUGHT INTO A COURTROOM. and Finally if you did NOT accept the truck then how can you PROVE anything about the truck in question?? As I said before you would be better off not looking for any more trucks since all three of the said cases YOU posted about have the same complaints which tells ME that NOTHING will be good enough for you unless you were to get a brand new off the lot truck at USED truck PRICES and sorry but that's not going to happen... Now do not claim things you really don't know anything about as far as I am concerned because I will continue to show you are out of your mind.. good day
nothappywu

Postby HC-27 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:12 pm

Yep, whatever you say pal
Nice handle by the way.... Lol
HC-27

Return to Report Spam, Scams or Crooks