Chrome users: This site IS secure!

A Service of The Hummer Network
The Original Hummer Owners' Web Sites, Since 1996

If you have benefited from the Marketplace, do the right thing. Please Donate

1999 H1 Hummer HMCO Open Top—Cummins conversion

Previously owned Hummer H1s for sale - For sale ONLY (no WTB)

Moderator: shaun_kite

1999 H1 Hummer HMCO Open Top—Cummins conversion

Postby ryanholte on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:36 pm

1999 H1 Hummer HMCO Open Top civilian—Cummins conversion

$69,000

This is a convertible hard door civilian H1 Hummer made by Am General—HMCO Silver Metallic S15 paint, one of 12 made in this style/color of 831 total built in 1999. I bought the truck in early 2014 with 112k miles on it, had it shipped and totally gone through by Lynch Hummer in St. Louis. I drove it for about six months before concluding that the 6.5L diesel was garbage and had the p-pump Cummins conversion done winter 2014. It now has about 7k miles on the Cummins conversion. I’m only selling due to just moving to Ohio and not having any room to keep it inside (doesn’t fit in a short garage and I hate keeping it outside in the snow). Everything runs and drives great on the truck (just drove it 600 miles from Illinois).

Details on upgrades:
-touch screen GPS/Bluetooth stereo with backup camera
-relocated HVAC controls to fit touch screen stereo
-two subs under rear seats, custom stereo amplifier and speaker system
-heated driver and passenger seats
-original insulated winter top works great
-custom made roll-up summer top (brand new, 20 seconds on and off, full coverage for rain)
-custom made slantback summer top (zips into cab top to cover rear in slant style)
-custom HUMMER floor mats
-brand new matching rear bench seat for 4 passengers in rear from Predator Hummer (we’ve done many trips with 6 people inside which is a blast with the top off for kids)
-wrapped interior pieces and armrest
-custom XD 22” wheels and brand new tires (about $5k just in wheels and tires)
-CTS tire inflation system still in truck and works fine (just not connected to these wheels)
-2” billet aluminum body lift from Predator Hummer
-Momo steering wheel (a must for getting in/out)

Details on engine and conversion (all work done by Level Seven Motorsports, Marion IL):
-Cummins “Blue” re-man p-pump 4BT engine with mechanical fuel pump
-custom intercooler with full welded piping
-all new water pump, alternator, AC compressor, starter, intake air heaters, etc
-PATC transmission adapter and flexplate with electronic transmission controller (4L80e transmission but replaced right before I got truck)
-custom built Holset HY30 Super turbo with 4” downpipe
-new batteries, wiring, fuses, very professionally wired—everything works in cab
-matching Autometer gauges below steering wheel: fuel pressure, boost, pyrometer
-Dakota Digital speedometer

The engine has way more power than the stock 6.5L and now gets about 20mpgs (I never got over 11mpgs with the 6.5L). There are almost no electronic controls to the engine—it was built for simplicity and reliability. Boost is maxed at 35psi but the p-pump could easily be turned up for increased power and a bit of smoke.

If you’re interested in seeing it, my name is Ryan, cell is 415-615-2789, and we live in Akron, OH. The only trades I may be interested in are a sport wagon (E63 or CTSV) or diesel X5 (the tallest thing that can fit in our new garage). Please call me if you're interested or message me directly for more information/pics, I do not login to this site frequently.
Attachments
Whole Engine.jpg
Slant top.jpg
DSC_0052.JPG
DSC_0042.JPG
ryanholte

Return to H1s For Sale